top of page

Whole house surge

What causes a power surge?

Power surges are caused by a number of issues ranging from electric company switching power grids, transformer malfunctioning, overloading outlets and the most common is lightning strikes. Power surges last only for a few millionth seconds but that is enough to fry most the equipment in your home and your wiring inside the walls resulting in thousands of dollars in damages. So why not have peace of mind?!

What is a whole house surge protector?

A whole house surge protector is a device that gets wired in your main service panel that constantly monitors incoming power to protect your home from power surges. The process takes about 1hour to complete and will need 2 breaker spots opened up, if there is no available spots then our electrician will evaluate your panel and let you know what it will take to get the job completed. The device comes with a green light to let you know everything is running properly. That being said we also suggest that costumers still use surge protectors in the house and not power strips since the whole house surge protectors cannot protect your electronics 100% and is still worth the investment.

Call us for a free estimate!


bottom of page